1. As for the missing funds, the company manager, when demanded to give an explanation, could not even come up with a ______ one.
A. plaintive B. pervasive C. perpetual D. plausible
2. The manager soon realized that, ______, things would get worse.
A. unless deal with it properly B. unless properly dealt with
C. if not properly dealing with it D. if deal not properly with
3. According to psychoanalysis, a person’s attracted ______ by the intensity of different signals ______ by their context, significance, and information content.
A. not less than...as B. as just...as
C. so much...as D. not so much...as
4. Intellectual property is a kind of ______ monopoly, which should be used properly or else would disrupt healthy competition order.
A. legible B. legendary C. lenient D. legitimate
5. They moved to Portland in 1998 and lived in a big house, ______ to the south.
A. the windows of which opened B. the windows of which is opened
C. its windows opened D. the windows of which opening